Hold onto your diapers everyone! This year, we have added something new to the Aut2Run festivities...Aut2Crawl! Crawling babies are encouraged to have their parents enter them into this competitive diaper derby for all of the glory and of course fun prizes too. Our Grand Champion Crawler will receive a trophy and a baby gift basket filled with lots of goodies.
Curious as to see what a diaper derby looks like? - Open your search engine and enter "NYC Triathlon's Diaper Derby" or simply look up "diaper derby" or "diaper dash". There are some pretty cool videos that demonstrate the concept.
Only a limited number of spaces are available.
Sunday, April 26th, 2020
Location: CSU, Channel Islands, Camarillo (South Quad)
Packet Pick Up: Please note, packet pick up for Aut2Crawl will ONLY be on Sunday, April 26th from 9:30am - 10:25am
There will be 5 athletes per heat. The winner from each heat will then race in our Grand Championship heat to see who will be crowned the ultimate Grand Champion Crawler.
- Aut2Crawl Baby T-Shirt
- Finisher's Medal
- Baby Snack Pack
- Aut2Crawl is open to all babies who can crawl.
- Participants are only allowed to crawl, scoot, or roll. Standing or walking of any kind is not allowed and will result in automatic disqualification.
- Parents and/or cheerleaders are NOT allowed to push, pull, or touch their baby after our officials say "GO".
- All motivational strategies are fair game! Adults can hold stuffed animals, wave keys or cell phones, or dangle a bottle in front of them to entice them towards the finish line.
- Only one parent and/or cheerleader is allowed on either end of the mat. There must also be at least one parent and/or cheerleader present at both ends of the mat.
- Athletes must wear the provided bib on the back of their shirts or onesies.
- To win, babies must fully cross the Finish Line.
- Event officials will be present and watching to ensure all of the rules are met.